General Construction Software
Maxwell offers general construction software because the world of general construction (commercial and residential) is a complex one with many moving parts and lots of accountability. In your financial world, you may face uneven cash flow and thin profit margins, juggle supply contracts, deal with expenses for liability insurance, and post surety bonds. Plus you’re required to comply with numerous federal, state, and local building codes, safety and environmental regulations, and hiring practices.
If you perform commercial, industrial, or institutional work, then you know it’s critical to properly bid work and efficiently manage project plans, labor, equipment, and construction materials. Perhaps you own equipment and retain full-time crews. Or maybe you typically lease equipment for a particular project and hire much of your labor on a project basis. Whatever your approach to accomplishing the work, best practices demand that you have the right tools to ensure proposal accuracy and manage project performance-to-plan, including planned labor, time, and budget.
Much of that holds true for residential builders too, whether specializing in single family homes or multifamily buildings (apartments and condos), or focusing on remodeling work. Often your building process involves land acquisition; land development (roads, sewers, utilities); permit acquisition ("entitlement"); construction; and marketing and sales. That’s often a long road with lots of turns and much accountability. And the actual construction component can be complex – consisting of foundation work, framing, and build-out, which requires a significant amount (and expense) for building materials and likely involves subcontractors to perform specialized work.
That’s why your General Construction business could benefit from industry-specific software that can help improve your overall project performance, including your bidding process, your labor and material allocation, the way your team communicates and collaborates (whether in office or at the job site), and managing changes for maximum profitability.
To be successful in business, you must:
- Efficiently create estimates and proposals, as well as tracking the probability of future jobs
- Schedule time and workforce for projects and track important project documents, including contracts, RFIs, transmittals, subcontracts, and change orders
- Control job costs and accounting data, streamline data entry, and have real-time reporting
- Manage complex Human Resources, including Payroll, Workers' Compensation, Union, Certified Payroll, EEOC, and more
- Easily create purchase orders from bids, track receipt of materials, and properly track subcontracts
- Track equipment usage and maintenance costs for an entire fleet of equipment to minimize downtime and repair costs
To help you accomplish all that and much more, Maxwell Systems offers construction management software solutions that address the critical issues that impact managing a general construction business:
- Takeoff, Estimating, and Proposal Management
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Employee Management
- Procurement and Materials Buy-out Management
- Equipment Management
And because you face unique challenges in technology and communications in the office and in the field, Maxwell Systems solutions help you improve operational efficiencies and share relevant information:
- Seamless takeoff and estimating software that reduces data entry and increases speed and accuracy
- Mobile technology for two-way data transfer between those in the back office and those in the field
- Job cost accounting capabilities that are critical to running construction projects profitably
- Comprehensive reporting features, including key performance indicators, customizable alerts, warranty tracking, and management by exception
With such easy-to-use yet robust software solutions, construction owners can gain full control of their business and insight into each project’s performance and profitability.
Maxwell Systems’ industry-specific construction software solutions are shaped by decades of leadership and innovation, expert professionals with direct experience in the construction industry, and critically valuable feedback from customers. And we continue to demonstrate our commitment to and build our understanding of the general construction industry by: contributing to trade publications as authors and advertisers, serving on association committees, and participating in trade shows including Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) EdCon & Expo, Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) Annual Conference & Exhibition, Pacific Coast Builders Conference (PCBC), Associated General Contractors (AGC) Annual Convention, and International Builders’ Show.