Mechanical Construction Software
The mechanical contractor is unique from other players on a construction team. Only the general contractor and mechanical contractor tend to have responsibilities from beginning to end of a project. As the mechanical contractor, your work may begin with the underground piping and not end until systems are in operation for occupancy. In fact, with a design/build contract, the mechanical contractor gets involved with the project even before ground is broken.
Furthermore, your company likely provides expertise that includes numerous specialty trades and is responsible for all or most of the mechanical systems of a building, with capabilities spanning engineering, installation, and operation. You must employ skilled craftsmen to perform work that may include not only plumbing and heating but also process piping, sheet metal, temperature control, insulation, testing and balancing, sprinkling, energy management, service and maintenance, and more. On certain types of projects you may serve as the prime contractor overseeing excavation and backfill, rigging, electrical, instrumentation, concrete, and all other trades as well.
For all those reasons and more, your business requires a software solution, like mechanical accounting software, that’s tailored to your industry, so you can streamline processes to accurately estimate costs for contracts, review plans and specifications, schedule crews, manage inventory, and buy equipment to ensure that you fulfill each contract according to schedule.
To be successful in business, you must:
- Quickly and accurately quantify, price, and bid projects
- Easily view various costs for a project to make decisions
- Efficiently schedule time and workforce and track important documents
- Conveniently view technician workload and customer details to quickly assess scheduled maintenance requirements and dispatch effectively
- Properly manage the buying process for projects to ensure you purchase at the best possible prices
- Manage complex Human Resources, including Payroll, Workers' Compensation, Union, Certified Payroll, EEOC, and more
- Control job costs and proper recognition of revenue, whether from a project or service agreement
To help you accomplish all that and much more, Maxwell Systems offers construction software solutions that address the critical issues that impact managing a mechanical contracting business.
- Takeoff, Estimating, and Proposal Management
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Employee Management
- Service Management
- Procurement Management
And because you face unique challenges in technology and communications in the office and in the field, Maxwell Systems construction software solutions help you improve operational efficiencies and share relevant information:
- Seamless takeoff and estimating software that reduces data entry and increases speed and accuracy
- Mobile technology for two-way data transfer between those in the back office and those in the field, as well as bar code technology and dispatch board integration
- Job cost accounting capabilities that are critical to running construction projects profitably
- Comprehensive reporting features, including key performance indicators, customizable alerts, work order automation, and management by exception
With such easy-to-use yet robust software solutions, construction owners can gain full control of their business and insight into each projects performance and profitability.
Maxwell Systems industry-specific construction software solutions are shaped by decades of leadership and innovation, expert professionals with direct experience in the construction industry, and critically valuable feedback from customers. And we continue to demonstrate our commitment to and build our understanding of the mechanical contracting industry by: contributing to trade publications as authors and advertisers, serving on association committees, and participating in trade shows including Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) EdCon & Expo and Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) Convention.